Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Patience Pays

Once again I checked the status today. But, unlike last time now it says:
"Police Report is clear and the passport is expected to be despatched by 18-02-2006 Subject to all documents being in order."
I have not paid any bribe to get it cleared. Which makes me believe that our government agencies can really work. What you need is an 'honest' patience to wait (I have waited for over ten weeks now) for the results to happen naturally. Most often it is only us, who try to catalyze the process by greasing with bribes, in order to 'accelerate' results.

Hope my trust in the system is not betrayed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All goverment officials are not corrupt. I wanted my infant son's passport urgently, got it in a week without greasing anybody's hand. In fact I just met the passport officer personally and put in a request with him. He was very nice and understanding.

Prasanta said...

Well there is a saying "one dead fish spoils the whole pond"!

Similarly some currupt people make the entire Indian system a rotten piece of machinery.

In fact in our pond most of the fishes are dead, true there are some alive (honest) fishes!

Bribe or no bribe, I wish BJ's passport be in his hands soon!

Bimalesh Jha said...

Today the status was "It is to regret that due to unavoidable circumstances the despatch of Passport has been delayed and will now be despatched in a week's time"

:-(