Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Just back from a Training

It was all about UML and OOAD. My employer sponsored me and also granted three days away from the work to attend this program. Following broad areas were covered during the course of this program.
  • Using UML to model static and dynamic aspects of a system
  • Class and Object identification and their inter-relationship
  • Realizing Use Cases of a System
  • Migrating from Analysis to Design of a System
Ah! After a very long time I have attended such a training, where, each and every session was interesting and full of information. At the end, I have some tangible takeaways too. It helped me refresh my UML and OOAD knowledge and bolstered my faith in profoundness of these golden principles:
  • Encapsulate what might change
  • Design by Contract
  • Liskov Substitution Principle
  • Open Close Principle
  • Class with Single Responsibility
  • Favour Composition over Inheritance
  • Program to Interface than Implementation
  • Dependency Inversion
I am equipped better now, I feel. Henceforth, everytime I sit back to design, these golden rules would be my pathfinder in the maze of software systems.

What a great way to shutdown 2005 and boot into 2006!

1 comment:

Prasanta said...

Liked this blog, it will be a refresher for some/all of the terms/concepts, in case we forget. :)