Saturday, August 23, 2014

My open letter to Mr. Manohar Parrikar- Chief Minister of Goa

Dear Mr Manohar Parrikar,

I have been visiting Goa for nearly two decades now. Never before I was stopped at the Patradevi check post while exiting Goa. However, this time all vehicles (both private and commercial) were stopped and asked to go to the excise counter (picture below). 




The cops (or look alike in Khaki dress) asked for my driving license and car number- which was OK and I complied. They also asked if I was carrying any liquor. I had none. The gentle man then asks me to give him Rs 50/-. I asked him why, he said for "chai pani". I blasted him and demanded to see his identity and name plate. He became defensive and ran out leaving the counter, apologizing.

Anyway, the point is you ( Government of Goa) already charged me (and others, visiting Goa by road) Rs 250/- while entering- can you not buy your officers some "chai pani" with the money collected or will they have to resort to begging like this?

Please look into this matter- it is serious and destroys the image of Goa Govt (and indirectly you too, being the Chief Minister).

Also, please display the contact numbers of higher ups at the check-post who can be contacted to report such cases.

If you need anymore specific information, please feel free to reach me (by commenting on this post or sending a DM) and I shall be happy to help.


Best Regards,
-BJ

No comments: