Thursday, February 01, 2007

5000 kilometers

Yesterday I completed first 5k on my Royal Enfield Bullet on the way to work. This happend after nearly ten months. The journey so far includes miles of pleasurable ride- mostly done between home to work daily, and couple of out-station solo rides (Narayangaon and Kashid)- accompanied by loads of road presence and envious glances on the way.

Other than usual maintenance and tappet adjustments I had to tighten the cam-gears during initial run-in and replace the oil seals on primary drive case to plug the oil leakage. No other major problems (touch wood) so far, just a couple of cable replacements (clutch at ~4000 kms and speedo at ~3000 kms due to monsoon) .

Cheers!

2 comments:

Anand said...

way to go BJ!

Hope you eat more kilometers soon!

Cheers!
-anand

Anonymous said...

Dear,
Saw your blog about passport.
Congrates on getting the passport after a long wait.

For my daughter's passport also I see the status like "Passport has been despatched by post on 10-04-2007 vide postal Registration Number SP7209".

Can you please tell me how much time it took to deliver the pasport to your home after being in this status.

It will be helpful for me to guess about the delivery of the passport to my home.

Thanks in Advance.
Santosh Kalsangrah
Mumbai.